Executive Wellness Assessment (EWA)
- Offers comprehensive medical and lifestyle assessment, monitoring and appropriate advice regarding intervention.
- Facilitates ongoing monitoring and tracking of both the individual and the group, and individual risk stratification allows focused and appropriate ongoing intervention.
- Is delivered by a national network of medical practitioners in all the major centres who have specialised expertise and experience in the area of preventative health and wellness. Most of these medical professionals have more than a decade of experience in managing the health of business leaders and top professional sports people in South Africa.
Some of the objectives of the assessment are to:
- Determine your senior managers and executives current health status and identify any undiagnosed chronic illness amongst this group
- Screen for often under-diagnosed conditions such as depression and metabolic syndrome
- Define and address identified unhealthy lifestyle behaviours contributing to this risk
- Objectively quantify each individual’s stress levels and benchmark this against South African norms
- Reinforce those areas of their lifestyles that promote longevity, productivity and happiness
- Track how their lifestyle habits, health markers and health status change over time
- Objectively predict risk for the future development of chronic diseases of lifestyle such as type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Provide meaningful interaction in terms of how each person can manage their current and future health risk in a relevant and practical manner
- Reduce the risk of death and disability within your company’s leadership, while simultaneously improving productivity.
It is of utmost importance to us that the whole experience is time efficient, enjoyable, meaningful, relevant, and professional and of significant value to all participants.
COMPONENTS OF THE EXECUTIVE WELLNESS ASSESSMENT
To be completed prior to appointment
- Current health and present symptoms
- Medical and surgical history
- Lifestyle audit
- A chest X-ray can be requested
- Risk factors for preventable diseases
- Quality of life assessment
- Stress and psychological wellbeing audit
A full panel of recommended blood tests is conducted. Further blood tests can be requested in consultation with the doctor.
- Comprehensive clinical examination and feedback session with attending doctor
- Cardiac fitness testing and CVD risk assessment (absolute and relative risk calculation)
- Diabetes and metabolic syndrome risk assessment
- Psychological wellbeing assessment (including depression screen)
- Screening for chronic disease risk factors and for exercise risk
- Lung function test and stress ECG
- Body composition analysis
- Fitness and flexibility testing
- Comprehensive individual feedback report provided with recommendations
- Trend analysis of key lifestyle and risk indicators and results
- Individualised exercise programme
- Delegates will be objectively risk-stratified based on initial assessment. This will enable more focused and appropriate follow-up and re-assessment.
- Referrals to relevant professionals and resources are made where specific follow up interventions are required
- We provide a diagnostic / screening service and will refer participants to their family doctor / other appropriate medical professional if further investigation or treatment is needed.
The assessment has a strong pro-active focus on health and lifestyle, both at home and in the workplace. Emphasis is placed on giving comprehensive feedback which extends beyond merely identifying whether there is evidence of any illness. This assessment empowers the delegate with a wealth of personalised information about:
- Their overall health status;
- Their risk for developing chronic diseases of lifestyle (such as various cancers, heart disease, stroke, depression and diabetes);
- Practical guidelines to optimize their health and wellbeing;
- The unique value derived from participating in physical activity.
Cardiovascular Disease Risk Assessment
Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is one of the leading causes of death in adults worldwide and no one is immune. Cardiovascular disease generally refers to conditions that involve narrowed or blocked blood vessels that can lead to a heart attack (myocardial infarction), chest pain (angina pectoris) or stroke.
This assessment is a “lite” version of the Executive Wellness Assessment and focuses on determining one’s risk for experiencing a cardiac event as described above. It is particularly relevant to stressed business people, middle aged sports men and women, those embarking on an exercise programme, etc.
Some of the objectives of the assessment are to:
- Determine your cardiovascular health status
- Determine your risk factors for cardiovascular disease
- Estimate your future risk for experiencing a cardiovascular event
- Define and address unhealthy lifestyle behaviours
- Provide meaningful interaction in terms of how you can manage your current and future cardiovascular risk in a relevant and practical manner